Australia's first ever Regional Innovation Week in the Bega Valley Apr 27th to May 3rd - Press Release

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Apr 4, 2016, 10:06:40 AM4/4/16
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As best we can determine, our action-packed programme of StartUp/Tech/STEM/Coding events making up Regional Innovation Week in the Bega Valley, is the first programme of it's kind in Australia. The week will run from Apr 27th to May 3rd.

Details here - begainnovation.com.au and please see attached press release.

It's fantastic to be having a crack at this level of ambition from 'the bush'.

We are delighted with the speakers and sponsors that have come on board, and the range of audiences we are attracting.

We have 'no beef' with metro...but many skilled software/design/entrepreneurial people like to ply their trades surrounded by lush green (or sometimes brown) fields, and the sound of lowing cattle. OK so it's not quite exactly like that...but small rural towns such as, Bega and Merimbula, make for a very pleasant place to live, and a real opportunity to focus and build a massively scalable digital business without some of the scary overheads.

Jane Cay of Birdnest (birdsnest.com.au), Cooma, did precisely this...and she is, unsurprisingly, one of our headline speakers.

Google Map link to the region - click http://goo.gl/SlcWgl

So have a think about it...visit the web-page, begainnovation.com.au and we hope to get as many Sydney-siders/Canberrans/Melbournians down to the area for a truly great celebration of innovation, and undoubtedly some great startup escapades a-forming.

We are running the 'Innovation Riders' bus from iCentral in Sydney, stopping off in Wollongong on the way...with space for about 30 people...and some on board are bringing tents to make a bit of a camping bash out of it. We are linking up with the Start Society (Pete Cooper and Co) and Hackagong crew for this happy journey. If interested visit - http://intoitsapphirecoast.com/event/innovation-riders-bus-2016/

Specific info about flights and accomodation is provided here :- http://intoitsapphirecoast.com/accommodation-options/

The programme is being run by regional entrepreneurship group IntoIT (www.intoitsapphirecoast.com) in partnership with Canberra’s leading StartUp Advisory Service, Lighthouse Innovation (http://lighthouseinnovation.com.au/).

Happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Regards,

Liam

--
Liam O'Duibhir

Co-founder IntoIT Sapphire Coast (http://www.intoitsapphirecoast.com)

--

Liam O'Duibhir

0417 579 079

Innovation Week 16 - 3rd April 2016 Press Release.pdf

Alan Jones

Apr 5, 2016, 8:19:56 PM4/5/16
to Silicon Beach Australia, lia...@soccerfit.com.au
Well done Liam that looks like the best excuse for a surf trip ever. Sadly I'll still be in SF or I'd love to come.

Mike Gardiner

Apr 5, 2016, 8:34:20 PM4/5/16
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Great iniative Liam and love the idea of the bus collecting hackers on the way down. If I didnt have prior committments would be jumping on that bus at Wollongong and keen to see what has been happening down your way.

All the best and let me know if you would like free  use of our BuzzyTV event games to for some playful challenges etc across the week. Happy to help where possible.

Cheers,Mike.

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.

Liam O'Duibhir, Director, SoccerFit

Apr 5, 2016, 8:44:19 PM4/5/16
to Alan Jones, Silicon Beach Australia
Yes, Alan...you nailed it...it's really just an excuse for a surf trip :-)

Great to hear from you...hearing great things about Blue Chilli...reckon we'll be sending some of our bright sparks your way in the next 18 months (it took us 5 years to get this far).

Hopefully we will catch you again...if you can...please mention our activities in dispatches to your troops/team/posse....I have attached a poster which would nicely adorn the area just beside the water cooler, in between the Pacman machine and the Phillipino stick-fighting matts.

PS Ed Husic Opposition Federal Shadow Minister for Innovation (that hat at least)...has confirmed he will be dropping in to our Hackagong Bega code-fest on Friday the 29th...maybe he wants to try out some new model-view-controller design patterns for the Ethereum platform

PPS Actually it may be a good match-up....Max Kaye whose Flux platform promises the democratisation of politics is down to keynote

BV Innovation Week PRINT.pdf

SoccerFit

Apr 6, 2016, 10:47:35 PM4/6/16
to Silicon Beach Australia, m...@limerocket.com
Thanks Mike,

Appreciate your comments.

BuzzyTV...great website...emmmm...yes..why the hell not....could you buzz me offline...and we could chat about it...with a crew coming down from the Gong...perhaps they could have an extended game that runs the entire weekend?

L.