Introducing DishMe

Pushpinder Bagga

Mar 5, 2016, 6:12:37 AM3/5/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are doing great :)

After 6 months of research, trials, partnerships and development we are getting ready to launch our start-up DishMe from Sydney.

DishMe is a trusted community marketplace for busy, health conscious locals to safely get wholesome meals made by fantastic family cooks living in their area.

I am here today to introduce DishMe to everyone here in the SB Community and ask for your feedback (I would love tips on the concept, launch strategy, things we should definitely do etc).

Check it out - www.dishme.com.au and don't forget to signup for an invite at our website.

Thanks,
Pushpinder

PS: We are now ready to raise a seed investment round, if you are interested or know someone who might be - please get in touch!

Xuanyi Chew

Mar 5, 2016, 6:32:09 PM3/5/16
to silicon-beach-australia
Hey,

Good to see you finally launched!

Xuanyi Chew
@chewxy on Twitter

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.

Pushpinder Bagga

Mar 5, 2016, 7:01:16 PM3/5/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi Chew,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your support and the feedback you gave when we met.

Hope you signed up for an invite?

Pushpinder

Jason Held

Mar 6, 2016, 5:55:56 AM3/6/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Really nice

Site took a bit long to load up, but it looks like a fun idea.
Looking forward to trying the food.  Could be a good thing to advertise in Chippendale, lots of hard working hipsters

Jason

Pushpinder Bagga

Mar 6, 2016, 6:20:26 PM3/6/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Thanks for signing up Jason and for sure, we would be starting to market once we get our private trials done :)

Pushpinder

Pushpinder Bagga

Jun 19, 2016, 7:28:50 PM6/19/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share an explainer video we did recently with you all. You can check it out here https://vimeo.com/171281708

Would love to get your feedback.

Thanks,
Pushpinder

Dean Collins

Jun 19, 2016, 9:00:18 PM6/19/16
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Typo in the title, also different typo in the ‘section” below it as well…..

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net
+1-212-203-4357    New York
+61-2-9016-5642    (Sydney in-dial).
+44-20-3129-6001 (London in-dial).

Pushpinder Singh Bagga

Jun 19, 2016, 9:24:13 PM6/19/16
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dean

Thanks for the tip, my bad - should have checked the spellings. Will get them rectified :\

Here is the URL from our channel https://vimeo.com/171182382

Thanks again!

Pushpinder

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.

Andrew Walker

Jun 21, 2016, 6:10:53 PM6/21/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hey Pushpinder,

I've just been checking out your site and have a couple of comments.

1) Looks delicious and I'm now hungry. Thanks a lot.

2) The second parallax image shudders as I scroll slowly past it. It's pretty distracting so it's worth getting your dev to see if they can smooth it out (unless it's just my computer, but I'm on a macbook using chrome so probably a common medium)

3) I love this from a food orderers perspective, since it's food for order. I'm wondering about the practicalities of making a single meal to order and whether that's viable for the cook. If the cook posted what they were making and how many were available they'd get much better economies of scale so you'd think value might work out better for both.

All in all though, looks awesome - looking forward to see how it goes!

Cheers,
Andrew

Pushpinder Bagga

Jun 21, 2016, 9:46:43 PM6/21/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback. I just noticed the parallax issue - will get it sorted :)

Thanks for the tip, I will research in it :)

Pushpinder

Rai

Jun 21, 2016, 10:19:25 PM6/21/16
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pushpinder,

Decided to check the website out to give feedback; while checking it out, decided yes, I'd actually like to give the service a go and signed up.
Received the mobile pin. Honestly, I don't get this step.
You've collected my email and mobile number. What is the point of a 'mobile pin' to download the app? Why not be upfront that the app is in dev and just send me an email when it's ready, with a link directly to the app in app store? At the moment it presents like too much work without clarity on what I'd have to do with the mobile pin.

Were I not approaching this from a community perspective, I'd have deleted the mobile pin email and forgotten about DishMe. Any subsequent email received in future would have been spammed. It's harsh, I know. But add extra steps to what I need to do to start using a new app, and I'm outta there.

Also, there have been a few startups like this one before. Would be worth reaching out to Roshan from Your Fork and finding out the difficulties they faced. There was another one but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. (Anyone remember? Site and/or logo was yellow, that's all I can recall)

Good luck,
Rai

Pushpinder Bagga

Jun 21, 2016, 10:37:15 PM6/21/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi Rai,

Thank you for the feedback and for signing up. Appreciated :)

We're launching with an invite only and this mobile pin can be used to access introductory discounts as well. That said, I shall work on the content of the emailers we send across to everyone. Thank you for telling me how you felt - real insights always help shape better experiences :)

Yep, reached out to Roshan but no response and the another one with yellow website decided not to launch in Australia.

Pushpinder

Pushpinder Bagga

Aug 7, 2016, 10:03:08 AM8/7/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
Hi everyone,

Hope things are going great at your side.

We recently did a video with a personal chef which I just wanted to share with you all, check it out https://vimeo.com/177319418

Just a recap -  "For busy urbanites who struggle to cook, DishMe is an online marketplace that connects them with personal chefs living in the area to get personalised meals cooked fresh every day."

Feedback is always appreciated.

Pushpinder

blindman2k

Aug 8, 2016, 5:28:13 PM8/8/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
The sites looking good. As a regular customer of Lite-n-easy and YouFoodz I am always interested in new offerings in the home delivered food space. But I am always nervous about services that say nothing about prices as that is the dominant factor in my selection criteria.

Good luck convincing the world you aren't a public food service.

I look forward to following your progress and an eventual launch in Melbourne.

A.