Re: [SiliconBeach] Fat Zebra Payment Gateway - I'm new here

Ritesh Patel - The Ticket Fairy

Oct 21, 2012, 9:37:48 PM10/21/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Would highly recommend Pred and Fat Zebra :)

Total professionals and cheaper than eWay!

On 22/10/2012, at 12:33 PM, Pred Dragila <pred.d...@fatzebra.com.au> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce my self as one of the founders of Fat Zebra which is a new Online Payment Gateway for Australian merchants. We launched in January this year and have been working closely with the start-up community to help where we can, especially when it comes to dealing with the banks.

I have worked in the finance industry for 10 years and have seen the barriers to entry created by Australian banks, and hope I can help remove some of the hurdles.

Feel free to shoot me any questions or get in touch if I can help in any way.

Thanks,

Pred

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

Alwin Chin

Oct 21, 2012, 9:39:30 PM10/21/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pred,

Welcome and love what you guys are doing.
I just signed up and am checking it out. I heard programs like these needs the support of an acquiring bank. Who are you partnered with in this respect?
--
Best regards,
Alwin Chin

Pred Dragila

Oct 21, 2012, 9:47:56 PM10/21/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ritesh!

Hi Alwin,

We currently work with all the major Australian banks. We did look down the path of Merchant Aggregation (like Stripe & Braintree) and found there to be too many limitations around transactional volumes and high costs. We actively work with the banks to speed up the on boarding process and reduce the costs involved. Seems to be going well so far.

Pred Dragila

Oct 25, 2012, 7:48:57 PM10/25/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kiran,

Thanks for the email. Feel free to buzz me on 02 6188 4398.

Look forward to chatting then.

Cheers,

Pred

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 9:27:33 PM UTC+11, Kiran Kumar wrote:
Hi Pred,

Congrats - your product looks great. I'm in fact currently looking for a suitable provider for my startup (GoVisually.com) and would love to chat to you. How do I get in touch?

Regards
Kiran

Nikhil Singh

Oct 25, 2012, 10:04:56 PM10/25/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
I was signing up on govisually.com (great site) and had to type a long annoying Captcha which reminded me of a company which is trying to solve this problem.

One my friends started http://areyouahuman.com/ and found it pretty interesting and thought of sharing it here. Also would love to hear other ways people have solved the problem of Captcha.

Cheers,
Nikhil

simran

Oct 26, 2012, 2:52:10 AM10/26/12
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Loved the design of the site :) colourful and fun :)

and loved playing the "games" prove i was human...

although, practically...

* games required realtime skills (simple, yet, they did require them... had to catch butterflies as opposed to birds in a net in one of them)
* clicking the disability link - the audio was some of the worst i have heard

interesting concept, although personally, i'd go with the traditional sites, playing games took more time, and some of the games were confusing - and cultural context starts coming in (rather than just simple typing of the english alphabet)...

no doubt it's a progressive idea for him, can't wait to see how it progresses... great that your friend's experimenting