"Open source" to "Premium services" shift

Anton V

Apr 16, 2015, 10:14:50 PM4/16/15
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

We've got a niche open source project for enterprise developers. All good, project is growing, we constantly adding new features, have a positive feedback and evolving community.

The initial vision was to build up a community around open source, and then introduce premium services. That's the catch. We have a positive feedback and tons of nice feature, but can't see a product. Hence can't understand how to define and offer "premium services". With all these little features, we can't sum up a product and make the right pitch, positioning leading to premium services.

What can be suggested in this situation? Anything to learn from?