thoughts on App only launches

Dean Collins

Feb 1, 2018, 10:35:50 AM2/1/18
to Silicon Beach (silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com)
Interested in hearing what peoples thoughts are on "app only" launches versus app+website.

Eg Cohort - https://twitter.com/deancollins/status/959086867219124224

Sorry but while I'd happily sign up to a new tool that just wanted my email address via a website....i'm not interested in signing up for 'most' tools that are going to require access to my cell phone (and all the data contained on it). eg they are probably doing this so that they can easily pull in my contacts/geo location/mobile phone number etc to cross link and build network effect.......but if I don't know you and I don't trust you....why would I open myself to an attack vector.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net
<mailto:de...@cognation.net>+1-212-203-4357 New York
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney in-dial).
+44-20-3129-6001 (London in-dial).

winmail.dat

Saurabh Kulkarni

Feb 4, 2018, 1:05:07 AM2/4/18
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dean,

The concept of "App only" launches has gained pace in the last year or two. Given that people are very well connected with mobile technology and internet. What I feel about this is it must have become an effective way of collecting data and trends in a short time which kind of bypasses the trust factor. We can anytime restrict the data that we share with an application (I use Android) but not everyone knows how to do that. (Eg: My parents, they don't care about the information the app will have access to if they press allow while installing an App from the PlayStore.) So, easy data!

"App only" brand would have to spend more to build trust with its customers. So overall, What I feel is everyone wants fast results to sustain the changing markets! On the other hand App + website would cost less to build trust with its customers and the results can take more time.

This is my viewpoint. Correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks,
Saurabh Kulkarni
wpauror.com

silicon-beach-australia+unsub...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.

sam de silva

Feb 4, 2018, 3:26:18 AM2/4/18
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Dean

There is a new generation that doesn’t know what an email address is!

Best Sam

For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.

Dean Collins

Feb 4, 2018, 9:38:23 AM2/4/18
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Saurabh,

Do you really believe you can control what information is pulled from your phone by an app?

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net