-- Possibly Looking for a Technical Partner

Kevin Ko

Jul 6, 2015, 12:23:07 AM7/6/15
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Hello -

I have recently joined the Silicon Beach list and thought I send a quick intro.

I am looking for a committed technical partner, with the possibilities of running and growing a small profitable online business, selling an online subscription service (Software as a Service) , addressing the SEO market (Search Engine Optimisation) .

For the past year, I have been running this small business on the side, by myself ;  at its peak, the annual sales was USD $145,730  (with only two people running the business part-time). The average sales subscription is $120 per month and the majority of customers is coming from US, UK, Canada, and China.  I think it is a nice niche that can generate more income, as we commit to to the possibilities of growing the product / market fit.

This online business has generated a decent side income for the two of us.  It happened that my original technical partner who was the original coder for the site got a great software engineering job at Google, and he no longer has the bandwidth for this project. I have tried hiring someone in India using Odesk.com and spent over $5,200 and thought it was not productive.

The current overhead for the business is relatively low ( $150/month in dedicated server hosting, $60 in Verisign payment gateway fees, plus $80 in Amazon S3 storage ).  I am open to brainstorming and also have other niche-related ideas that I think we can expand on - so I can safely say that I am not "emotionally stuck” to this idea or product.

Ideally, you have

  • Enjoyed programming / writing code and creating software
  • Experience developing scalable full-stack web applications
  • Desire to have your own income-producing business

You don’t have to be located in Sydney, and am open to chatting where ever you are.

A little about me :  mainly a "product person", professionally I have worked as Product Manager at several companies including PayPal and Yahoo, and before that, I have experience working as Software Design Engineer at Microsoft. I also have Masters degree in Management from Stanford University.

I am also open to chat about other possibilities or opportunities. Shoot me an email.

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,

Kevin Ko
Sydney