Re: [Fishburners: 18710] Google Group Closing Down

simran

Apr 6, 2018, 7:08:02 AM4/6/18
to fishb...@googlegroups.com
I for one will miss the group quite a bit… reading others questions and responses / comments was better and more informative than reading most RSS feeds :)

For those (such as me) that absolutely love email (and the filters, inbox zero, etc; that can come with it), you might want to join / try out: https://groups.google.com/a/wynyard.green/d/forum/community

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 12:05 PM, Kenny Wong raven...@gmail.com wrote:
Well said Hasnain,

I'm similarly an ex- and have contributed where I can. I'm also concerned about the loss of this resource.

Regards,

Kenny Wong

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:13 AM, Hasnain Zaheer <hza...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Catherine,

I am an ex-Fishburner, now a Ph.D researcher at MQ Uni on a digital entrepreneurship related topic. An example of my research (pl contact me if you would like to go deeper with the full paper on success factors in Australian digital start-ups).

I have entered my details for virtual membership and keenly await to join.

While I am sure the virtual membership would be a great solution, I wonder how you will preserve the tremendous informative resource built on this Google groups. As an example, often when I am looking for guidance (on a tool or a method etc), I search this group and almost every time find a robust discussion and solutions around a question that someone had asked already. An example is someone's recent query on Wix / Squarespace. I hope there is a plan in place to preserve this IP.

Hasnain
Formerly, Simplogy
=====

On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 11:22:26 UTC+10, william wrote:
Hi Catherine,

I'd love access if you could let me know what I'd need to do.

Kind regards,

William

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Dan Purchas <da...@gradconnection.com> wrote:
ok cool, looks like I'm in now

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:51 AM, Catherine Kitney <cath...@fishburners.org> wrote:
Hey Dan,

I've just resent your invitation to join. You should receive an email that allows you to set up your profile from me and get access to the portal.

Let me know if you have any issues.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 10:45 AM, Dan Purchas <da...@gradconnection.com> wrote:
Yes I'd filled out the form to get access and haven't heard back?

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Clint Howen <clint...@herobroker.org> wrote:
Hey, I'd like access as well, please.

On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 4:18 PM, Louise Isackson <lidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Catherine,

I would also like access to the new portal. cheers Louise

Kind Regards,

Louise Isackson | Visual Strategist | UX/UI Designer
lidi...@gmail.com
www.liddigital.com.au
T: 0432 259 677

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:51 PM, catherine <cath...@fishburners.org> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder this is the last week to access the Google Group before it is closed down.

Fishburners is excited to announce our new community portal which is available for existing members to join now (please contact cath...@fishburners.org to get access).

If you missed the email announcement last week, the Fishburners Portal will give you access to our member directory, news feed, member perks, direct messaging, group chats, upcoming events and more!

For non-Fishburners members who want to stay active in the community, we're launching a new Fishburners Virtual Membership that gives you access to the Fishburners Portal.

If you’d like to join the waitlist for our Virtual Membership and gain access to the new portal you can register your interest here: https://fishburners.org/virtualmemberships.

Thanks for being part of the group and we hope to see you on the new portal soon! :)

--

Catherine Kitney | Community Product Manager

A: L3/155 Queen St, Brisbane 4000 & L2/11 York St, Sydney 2000

W: fishburners.org

Stay In Touch: Join Our Newsletter| facebook | twitter | Instagram | linkedin

We're launching Fishburners Virtual Memberships soon! Join our waitlist and get notified when we launch here: http://bit.ly/FishburnersVirtual

Clint Howen - Founder

Mobile: 0416338438

HeroBroker - We believe in changing industry.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing,copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

5/155 Clarence St, Sydney, 2000, NSW Australia

Daniel Purchas
Director

L3  |   17 York St   |     Sydney   |   2000   |   Australia

+61 449 09 7781  |   P +61 2 8005 0266   |  danp@gradconnection.com  |  www.gradconnection.com.au

Catherine Kitney | Community Product Manager

A: L3/155 Queen St, Brisbane 4000 & L2/11 York St, Sydney 2000

W: fishburners.org

Stay In Touch: Join Our Newsletter| facebook | twitter | Instagram | linkedin

We're launching Fishburners Virtual Memberships soon! Join our waitlist and get notified when we launch here: http://bit.ly/FishburnersVirtual

Daniel Purchas
Director

L3  |   17 York St   |     Sydney   |   2000   |  Australia

+61 449 09 7781  |   P +61 2 8005 0266   |  danp@gradconnection.com  |  www.gradconnection.com.au

William Kuang
Developer and Engineer at SkyCiv Engineering
LinkedIn: Profile

Regards,

Kenny

Dean Collins

Apr 6, 2018, 9:00:50 AM4/6/18
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com, fishb...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like Fishburners wants to take something free and open….and start charging for it on a proprietary platform eg “virtual fishburners” ….even though it’s the members that are adding the real value.

uhm pass.

I for one will miss the group quite a bit… reading others questions and responses / comments was better and more informative than reading most RSS feeds :)

For those (such as me) that absolutely love email (and the filters, inbox zero, etc; that can come with it), you might want to join / try out: https://groups.google.com/a/wynyard.green/d/forum/community

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 5:51 PM, catherine <cath...@fishburners.org> wrote:

--

+61 449 09 7781  |   P +61 2 8005 0266   |  da...@gradconnection.com  |  www.gradconnection.com.au

Catherine Kitney | Community Product Manager

A: L3/155 Queen St, Brisbane 4000 & L2/11 York St, Sydney 2000

W: fishburners.org

Stay In Touch: Join Our Newsletter| facebook | twitter | Instagram | linkedin

We're launching Fishburners Virtual Memberships soon! Join our waitlist and get notified when we launch here: http://bit.ly/FishburnersVirtual

Daniel Purchas
Director

L3  |   17 York St   |     Sydney   |   2000   |  Australia

+61 449 09 7781  |   P +61 2 8005 0266   |  da...@gradconnection.com  |  www.gradconnection.com.au

William Kuang

Developer and Engineer at SkyCiv Engineering

LinkedIn: Profile

Regards,

Kenny

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.