Fan Sign Generator - Make Fansigns Online

Sign Generator

Mar 12, 2010, 8:30:31 PM3/12/10
to Image Makers & Sign Generators

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

make your own realistic looking fan signs by adding some text and
choosing a template from our collection of over 250 fans (sports,
music concert, rally, etc) holding custom signs just for you! You
simply pick your template and edit the words with your own custom
messages to make your own personal fan signs to download and share.

We added some free web tools made from each of the fan sign makers
(every fan sign has this set of tools). There are 5 (6 if you count
the random script) styles of HTML codes for each fan sign generator
(geo locate/target city/state of user, DNS lookup, today's date,
server time and IP of user). You can use the copy & paste codes to
post dynamic images that display preconfigured text on forums or your
web pages. Find the links to these codes on each and every fan sign
editor page. Just added scripts for complimenting or insulting any
name you choose.

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

Some Fansign History:

Fan signs date back to Ancient Roman times! It appears that fans
wanted their favorite gladiators to hear what they were thinking. In a
crowd of 30,000 that is quite tough to get across what you are trying
to say. So a man by the name of Captineous Yar and his pals Kirkeous
and Polish decided it would be a good idea to get some paper and write
what they wanted to say. This continued for centuries until the Roman
Empire fell. People realized that these signs could be used for other
uses rather then just at sporting events. On the ancient battlefields
when armies were standing across from one another, they would have
signs in order to talk "smack" about each other.

We salute the men and women who invented fansigns seen at sporting
events. It's a great way to express your feelings. Whether they be
happy, angry or sad feelings, let the world know how you feel. So go
ahead, grab that piece of oak tag, your sharpie and start writing, you
modern day Shakespeare!

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

Some Fun Fansign Facts:

Since 1972, Dave Leonardi, a.k.a. “Sign Man,” has been
attending Flyers games as one of the most well-known fans. If you
followed the Flyers-Canadiens series at all last year during the
playoffs, you probably saw him tormenting the Habs goalies all series
long. He is famous for bringing multiple signs to the game for every
possible situation (can be annoying for the person/people behind him
though).

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

What is a Fansign?

Have you ever seen those big paper signs that people hold up at a
concert or a sporting event? That's a fansign! A FAN SIGN is usually
in the form of a photography wherein the fan or fanatic (LOL) holds a
paper with his or her idol's name.

WE HAVE SEEN FAN SIGNS EVEN APPEAR AT PROTESTS AND RALLIES, they just
join in the crowd with a sign that has nothing to do with the
political issues at hand. Heck, even I have made a silly sign
(advertising/promoting my website of course) and joinded a live
protest and marched down the street. I even once joined the 4th of
July parade with my own made slogan fan sign (fan of my own website
again), no one said anything weird and I even saw my photo in the tiny
local newspaper holding my fan sign (free advertising BIG TIME).

How To Make A Real Fan Sign:

You will need some real life craft skills and a digital camera (not
using our site). You will need some good paper, writing material such
as markers or highlighters, and a little creativity.

Fansigns usually are boring and written in pencil or pen (even
pernament magic markers in various colors) and most of the time the
writing is not even able to be seen in the picture. The best signs are
usually written with a better writing utensil like a marker,
highlighter, or even sharpies (stencils can come in handy too).

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

IDEAS: Girls, have you been swooning over that hot young guy playing
for your favorite team? If you want to get his attention then you're
going to have to get creative! None of those, “Marry Me!”
signs. Hockey players see them all the time. You need to come up
with something original, get their attention! Guys, The Refs (referee)
are always fun to pick on after fouls or missed calls. They're an
easy target if your team is losing and are the inspiration for many
great chants from “I'm blind! I'm deaf! I wanna be a ref!”
to “Get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game!”.

Once you have your sign ready, pose for a shot on your webcam or have
a friend shoot a digital photograph of you.

Be aware that many sport stadiums, fields, rinks (other public places
teams or bands play) have rules and etiquette for proper fansign
creation and exhibition. Please check their regulations.

Try to stay away from religion and politics as you may just start a
fight or even a riot!

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

Fan Sign Contest (coming soon):

We love when you guys make us blank fan sign poses (glad people enjoy
posing with fan signs), we save all of them to our (Fan Sign
Generator) albums and post them to our profile. We will be having a
contest soon; the best fan sign of the month, every month, will win
free stuff like T-shirts, CDs, etc.

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com

What is Fan Art?

FAN ART or fanart is artwork that is based on a character, costume,
item, or story that was created by someone other than the artist.
Fansigns are sometimes fanart if some creativity (artists talents,
scrapbook art signs) goes into making the fansign.

http://www.FanSignGenerator.com