Sidekiq Enterprise Periodic Jobs and Time Zone

J B

Nov 17, 2015, 11:42:52 AM11/17/15
to Sidekiq
Is there any documentation regarding how Sidekick Enterprise Periodic Jobs handle time zones?

I have jobs that I need to run at specified times in different time zones. How is that handled in Sidekiq?

I see a message in this group noting that Sidekiq avoids executing jobs multiple times on Daylight Saving Time changes, and I assume it also makes sure to execute jobs that might be skipped on a change. How is that handled?

Examples (US Eastern):
'30 2 * * *' # Spring change: executes at 3am EDT, Fall change: executes at 2:30am EST
'30 1 * * *' # Spring change: executes at 1:30am EST, Fall change: executes at 1:30am EDT but not at 1:30am EST

Thanks!

Mike Perham

Nov 17, 2015, 1:00:13 PM11/17/15
to sid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe, I updated the wiki to discuss timezones.  I don't have a solid answer on DST since I'm not sure myself how it will behave.  The code has no specific logic to deal with DST.

Mike Perham – CEO, Contributed Systems
Smart, effective open source infrastructure for your apps.