Sidekiq 2 -> 4 Upgrade

Graham Lyons

Mar 10, 2016, 3:53:29 PM3/10/16
to Sidekiq
I'm currently running Sidekiq 2 and I'm planning to upgrade to 4. Is there anything about the format of the data stored in Redis that I should be aware of? If I've got scheduled jobs, will they continue to work without having to do any migration?

Thanks.

Mike Perham

Mar 10, 2016, 3:57:19 PM3/10/16
to sid...@googlegroups.com
Hi Graham, please upgrade one major version at a time, watch for deprecations and follow the release notes.  I don't support jumping multiple major versions at a time, I'm not saying anything bad will happen but Sidekiq 2 is years old now and I don't recall possible issues.

Mike

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:53 PM, Graham Lyons <gra...@grahamlyons.com> wrote:
I'm currently running Sidekiq 2 and I'm planning to upgrade to 4. Is there anything about the format of the data stored in Redis that I should be aware of? If I've got scheduled jobs, will they continue to work without having to do any migration?

Thanks.

Mike Perham – CEO, Contributed Systems
Smart, effective open source infrastructure for your apps.

Graham Lyons

Mar 11, 2016, 7:44:11 AM3/11/16
to Sidekiq
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go.

Graham