Sidekiq Processes First Request and Then Fails

Greg Hansen

Aug 25, 2015, 7:08:12 PM8/25/15
to Sidekiq
I've got Sidekiq 3.3 installed running ruby 2.2.2p95. I'm using the upstart scripts provided to manage the instance (just using sidekiq.conf as I only need 1 sidekiq instance).

When I start the instance and submit the first request to it, which makes a 3rd party API call, the request/response is logged and everything is great.  When I submit the same request again, nothing is logged, but my code logs an error from the 3rd party API that the credentials were invalid.  Every request after that fails with the exact same error and no logging is output.

The process is still running on the box or at least => sudo service sidekiq index=1 returns => sidekiq (1) start/running, process NNNNN

So I'm at a loss about how to continue to debug the issue.  We've been running this code successfully on Heroku and now we're porting over to our own infrastructure.  So the code shouldn't be causing the issue with Sidekiq.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.
Greg