Are additional gems required for monitoring?

ml.ma...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 8:51:01 AM10/4/16
to Sidekiq
I am studying sydekiq documentation for my Ruby on Rails application.
Railscasts episode 366 on Sidekiq (min 7:00) says that in order to use the web interface it is necessary to add the following gems to the Gemfile:

gem 'sinatra', require: false
gem 'slim'

Since the monitoring wiki section of the official mperham repository does not even mention these gems, I am wondering whether these gems are not more required for Sidekiq (the above Railscasts episode dates back to 2012) or they are still required.

Mike Perham

Oct 4, 2016, 11:26:34 AM10/4/16
to sid...@googlegroups.com
That episode covers a version of Sidekiq from 3 years ago.  The wiki covers the latest version.  Configure accordingly.

Mike

Mike Perham – CEO, Contributed Systems
Smart, effective open source infrastructure for your apps.