Can't start Sidekiq on server startup

sugro...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2016, 5:16:20 AM1/18/16
to Sidekiq
Hi! For a long time can't start Sidekiq as service on startup. Ubuntu 14.04 production env. I use this script for RVM. After adding this script I can run Sidekiq by
sudo start sidekiq index=0
How to make it run on startup? Or where to see what is wrong?

Mike Perham

Jan 18, 2016, 6:19:26 AM1/18/16
to sid...@googlegroups.com
You can't start an instance job on startup on its own. You need workers.conf to kick it off.

sugro...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2016, 9:53:26 AM1/18/16
to Sidekiq
Thanks a lot! All works now. If you don't mind I'll public an explanation on Stackoverflow.com
If is possible I'd like to ask few questions about it. (novice in RoR). Am I need only workers.conf, or both of them? For what is a sidekiq.conf? I ask just because in sidekiq.conf you talk about start Sidekiq at bootup.

Dan Tappin

Feb 2, 2016, 2:49:31 PM2/2/16
to Sidekiq
Can you post some details?  I am in the same boat.  My sidekiq instances all fail (respawning too fast, stopped / terminated with status 127)

I can start them manually but they won't start via Upstart.

Dan