SHS Band Backer e-Blast

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Sep 21, 2015, 6:36:45 PM9/21/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

 Hello,

What a great start to  the season this past Saturday in Meriden!  Below please find a few items that need your attention.

Band Backer General Meeting: The October 7th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  Sep  2nd  Meeting Minutes Attached.

 Meal Plan Food Allergies?:  Please let us know if your student has any food allergies or vegetarian needs we should be aware of.  Contact Donna Fagan our Meal Plan Chair 860 637-3186 daf...@aol.com

 Music Of The Knight Oct 24th Volunteers Needed!

We will need everyone to help so that we can host one of the largest and best Marching Band competitions in the area.

We still need folks for:

Concessions,  Security/Parking, Operations, Admissions etc..

If you can volunteer Oct24th please be sure to contact Tisha and Erik Semmel Co-Chairs of MOTK 2015 and let us know where you can help out.  This is a long day starting at 7:00am with set-up finishing up near or after midnight with breakdown and clean up.

Please e-mail ese...@cox.net with the area you would like to volunteer for we will forward that info to the MOTK committee chairs.

Reminder for the MOTK Chairs we have our 2nd planning meeting Wed Sep 23rd 7:00pm in the Music Theory room.  E-board is welcome.

Thank you!

Erik Semmel

SHS Band Backer President

 Website: http://shsmarchingband.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shsbands

Agenda 09-2-2015 General.docx

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Sep 23, 2015, 6:07:55 PM9/23/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Need a Pit/Prop Shirt?:   Due to popular demand, Tim Johnson is placing a second "pit & prop" shirt order. Please email your order (size & quantity) to timpj...@yahoo.com by Friday, 9/25. Shirts are adult sizes and are $12.00 (XXXL & above, $14.00) Payment is due upon delivery. Thanks.

Missing Color Guard Cape: Last Saturday one of the CG witches gave her cape to a "man wearing a blue shirt"
when we were clearing the field.  Nothing was left on the field and all the props were accounted for...
(cue spooky music).... and we still cannot find the cape.  If anyone has it or knows where it was stored, please contact
Barbara Roberts barb...@hotmail.com Thank you.

We Have States Tickets!:  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will begin selling tickets Saturday morning 9/26 at 8:30am at drop off.  Again we’re required to pay for 85 tickets so if you plan on attending please buy your tickets from us.  Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

Agenda 09-2-2015 General.docx

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Sep 28, 2015, 7:39:59 PM9/28/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

We Have a Few States Tickets left!:  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will sell the remaining  29 tickets this Wednesday evening 9/30  5:30-5:45 pm at drop off.  Again we’re required to pay for 85 tickets so if you plan on attending please buy your tickets from us.  Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

Apple Harvest Parade: Volunteers needed to walk with the band during the Apple Harvest Parade on 10/4.  We will be making sure the band stays hydrated.  If interested, please contact Jon Lamkins (jon.l...@cox.net) by Friday, 10/2.  We are also looking for cases of water to be donated.  These will be on the buses and passed out on the ride back.  If you can donate, please leave them in the school by the auditorium at drop off on 10/4 (time TBD)

Bear Gram Pre-Orders: Mike and Mary will be taking preorders for the “Coven” theme bears and or MOTK T-Shirt bears this week:

MOTK Bear preorders will be taken out front of SHS at the following times :

·         Wednesday, September 30th  from 5:15 - 6:15

·         Friday, October 2nd  from 4:30 - 5:30

·         Monday, October 5th from  5:15 -6:15

Please contact Christie Bauer at 860-628-5356 or weba...@att.net  for any questions regarding the bear grams .

Band Backer General Meeting: The October 7th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  Sep  2nd  Meeting Minutes Attached.

 Music Of The Knight Oct 24th Volunteers Needed!

We will need everyone to help so that we can host one of the largest and best Marching Band competitions in the area.

We still need folks for:

Concessions,  Security/Parking, Operations, Admissions etc..

If you can volunteer Oct24th please be sure to contact Tisha and Erik Semmel Co-Chairs of MOTK 2015 and let us know where you can help out.  This is a long day starting at 7:00am with set-up finishing up near or after midnight with breakdown and clean up.

Please e-mail ese...@cox.net with the area you would like to volunteer for we will forward that info to the MOTK committee chairs.  We are ALL Operations during set-up and break-down no matter where you might have volunteered.

Reminder for the MOTK Chairs we have our 3rdnd planning meeting Wed, Oct  14 7:00pm in the Music Theory room.  E-board is welcome.

Agenda 09-2-2015 General.docx
MOTK Bear Order Form.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 6, 2015, 7:12:58 AM10/6/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

We have more States Tickets!  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will begin selling the 200 additional tickets this Wednesday evening 10/7 - 5:45 pm at drop off (outside), at the General Band Backer meeting at 7:30pm and again at Pickup at 9:00pm.  Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

Band Backer General Meeting: The October 7th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.

MOTK T-Shirts: Andy and Jody have put together a terrific theme shirt for MOTK (See Attached) that will feature a design reminiscent of Halloween but specific to the Coven.. The T-Shirt is black and the artwork  will come in two colors. The first color is very close to the purple of the color guard uniforms and the second color is a  luminescent (glow in the dark) green. The shirt will have the MOTK date and a list of attending bands on the back.  This product  is the result of a collaboration of the Southington Band Backers and the Southington Athletic Shop and we will  begin taking preorders at a cost of $20 per shirt  at the following times:

·         Wednesday, 10/7 from 5:45-6:45

·         Friday, 10/9 from 4:15-5:15

There are already interested parties and depending on how sales go, we may have another time next week that we will be selling. It is also my understanding that there will be shirts available for MOTK.

SHS-Music_of_the_Knight_Apparel_FORM-FINAL.doc

Erik & Tisha Semmel

Oct 6, 2015, 10:15:02 AM10/6/15
to Tricia Gibney, Jen Semmel, SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org
Hi Trisha

Jenn is collecting the donations.

Erik Semmel
Sent via DROID

Tricia Gibney <C...@arc-south.org> wrote:

Hi Erik and Tisha:

The Arc of Southington has donated the following

Garbage bags 2 boxes

Tea bags  300 count

Hand sanitizer 8

Where do you want me to drop these off?

Patricia Gibney

Chief Operating Officer

The Arc of Southington

201 West Main Street

Plantsville, CT 06479

860-628-9220 X 350

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 12, 2015, 8:39:41 PM10/12/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

We still have States Tickets!  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will continue selling the 200 additional tickets this Wednesday evening 10/14 - 5:45 pm at drop off (outside). Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

MOTK All Hands Meeting:   All MOTK Volunteers are asked to report to the Freshman Cafe October 21st  at 7:00pm. We will cover the basics of MOTK and you will then go over details of your jobs with your MOTK Chairs.

MOTK T-Shirts: Andy and Jody have put together a terrific theme shirt for MOTK (See Attached) that will feature a design reminiscent of Halloween but specific to the Coven.. The T-Shirt is black and the artwork  will come in two colors. The first color is very close to the purple of the color guard uniforms and the second color is a  luminescent (glow in the dark) green. The shirt will have the MOTK date and a list of attending bands on the back.  This product  is the result of a collaboration of the Southington Band Backers and the Southington Athletic Shop and we will  begin taking preorders at a cost of $20 per shirt  at the following times:

Tuesday 10/13 from 5:15 to 6:15

            Wednesday  10/14  from  5:15 -6:45

It is also my understanding that there will be shirts available for sale during MOTK.

Music Of The Knight Oct 24th Volunteers still Needed! – This is the show we don’t get to watch!

We will need everyone to help so that we can host one of the largest and best Marching Band competitions in the area.

We still need folks for:

Concessions,  Security/Parking, Operations, Admissions etc..

If you can volunteer Oct24th please be sure to contact Tisha and Erik Semmel Co-Chairs of MOTK 2015 and let us know where you can help out.  This is a long day starting at 7:00am with set-up finishing up near or after midnight with breakdown and clean up.

Please e-mail ese...@cox.net with the area you would like to volunteer for we will forward that info to the MOTK committee chairs.  We are ALL Operations during set-up and break-down no matter where you might have volunteered.

Reminder for the MOTK Chairs we have our 3rdnd planning meeting this Wed, Oct  14 7:00pm in the Music Theory room.  E-board is welcome.

Band Backer General Meeting: The November 4th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.

SHS-Music_of_the_Knight_Apparel_FORM-FINAL.doc

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 16, 2015, 7:29:20 PM10/16/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

April Trip Deposit Due OCT 19th  If your Student is planning on participating in the trip to Boston the $250 deposit is due Monday. Our treasures John and Pat will be on hand to collect the deposit and Diane will be on hand to apply points should you wish to use them. 10/19  5:45-6:45pm inside the lobby area.

We still have States Tickets!  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will continue selling the 200 additional tickets this Monday evening 10/19 - 5:45-6:45pm inside the lobby area. Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

MOTK All Hands Meeting:   All MOTK Volunteers are asked to report to the Freshman Cafe October 21st  at 7:00pm. We will cover the basics of MOTK and you will then go over details of your jobs with your MOTK Chairs.

MetLife  - Tailgate Volunteer Meeting:

           Monday 10/26/2015   7:00pm SHS Café  Everyone is welcome.  We will be forming committees for:

                                    SET-UP

                                    Food Prep ( Cooking)

                                    Food Service

                                    Clean-up

           Any questions please contact Donna Fagan at  daf...@aol.com

Music Of The Knight Oct 24th Volunteers still Needed! – This is the show we don’t get to watch!

We will need everyone to help so that we can host one of the largest and best Marching Band competitions in the area.

We still need folks for:

Concessions,  Security/Parking, Operations, Admissions etc..

If you can volunteer Oct24th please be sure to contact Tisha and Erik Semmel Co-Chairs of MOTK 2015 and let us know where you can help out.  This is a long day starting at 7:00am with set-up finishing up near or after midnight with breakdown and clean up.

Please e-mail ese...@cox.net with the area you would like to volunteer for we will forward that info to the MOTK committee chairs.  We are ALL Operations during set-up and break-down no matter where you might have volunteered.

Band Backer General Meeting: The November 4th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  October meeting minutes attached.

General Minutes 10-7-2015.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 26, 2015, 6:57:17 AM10/26/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com

MOTK Concessions Lost & Found

LOST:  I can’t locate 3 cambros (the thermos bins that we store hot food in) that we rented from Events.  They were near the warming oven on the ground.  I believe 2 were brown and 1 was blue.  I am not sure if they were accidentally misplaced during clean up.  Please let me know ASAP if you know where they might be as Events will be picking up their equipment tomorrow.

FOUND:  I have a few crock pots, bags, buckets and various other items in my garage left over from MOTK.  Please let me know if you think I have something and we can arrange a time for pick up.

Thanks,

Jen Semmel

jens...@cox.net

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 26, 2015, 7:37:02 PM10/26/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Music Of The Knight – Thank you to all who helped out! A huge thank you to all who gave their time and talents helping to put on this great event for children.  A special thanks to our MOTK Sub-Committee chairs for this event.  Operations – Tim McLaughlin,  Band Liaison/Gate Keepers – Leslie Loose,  Concessions – Jen Semmel,  Parking/Security – Dan Ross,  Merchandise – Mike & Mary Petruzzi,  Admissions – Stephanie Vollaro,  Senior Recognition – Cynthia Enright. A big thank you to those volunteers who stayed to help clean up until 12:30am when we turned out the lights.

P.S. We have found the 3 missing cambros.

Nationals at MetLife Stadium Nov 7th:  Each school participating in the Nationals competition in NJ is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will sell these tickets as a package that will include transportation to/from MetLife stadium ($37.50), food at the BKMB Tailgate ($7.50), and the competition ticket itself ($30.00).  The discounted package price will be $70.00. We will be selling tickets this Wednesday evening 10/28 - 5:45-6:45pm inside the lobby area. We have reserved four Coach Buses for parents and siblings.  Since we have been given the tickets so late by USBANDS we need to know asap if you plan on joining us at this great competition. Please stop by and see us Wed 10/28 so we can get you on the list. You may use fundraising points if you have them and credit cards will be accepted.  For more info http://yea.org/programs/usbands/fall/news/584-seedings-open-national-championships

MetLife  - Tailgate Volunteer Meeting Tonight:

           Monday 10/26/2015   7:00pm SHS Café  Everyone is welcome.  We will be forming committees for:

                                    SET-UP

                                    Food Prep ( Cooking)

                                    Food Service

                                    Clean-up

           Any questions please contact Donna Fagan at  daf...@aol.com

We still have States Tickets!  Each school participating in the New England States competition in New Britain Oct 31st is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will continue selling the  additional tickets this Wednesday evening 10/28 - 5:45-6:45pm inside the lobby area. Tickets are $20.00 but are discounted to $15 through the Band Backers. You may use fundraising points if you have them.

Band Banquet Nov 18th Aqua Turff: The Flyers for the Band Banquet were sent home with the students.  Attached is a copy of the flyer if your student “forgot” to give it to you. Families will submit their banquet reservations and seating choice to Team Captains by today, Monday, 10/26. This is a fancy event.  Most of the young ladies wear cocktail dresses and the guys wear shirt and ties.  The parents are usually not quite as dressed up, but still look nice.  There are lots of photo opportunities.

Please consider making a donation to the raffle.  We do not want people soliciting businesses since we just hit them up for the ad book.  But if you own your own business, have something to re-gift, want to put together a basket of goodies, purchase a gift card, or make something crafty that would be great.  We have had homemade blankets and jewelry, photo albums from the season, golf passes, restaurant gift cards, bottles of wine, etc. Donations can be brought directly to the banquet.

Please contact Kim DiFusco kdif...@cox.net  if you have any questions. Contact Diane Peccerillo dpecc...@snet.net if you have questions about your seniors being in good standing.

Band Backer General Meeting: The November 4th meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.

Band Banquet Form 2015wrd doc.docx

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 28, 2015, 7:45:20 PM10/28/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Nationals at MetLife Stadium Nov 7th:  Each school participating in the Nationals competition in NJ is required to sell admission tickets. Everyone needs a ticket to attend the competition including Pit/Prop volunteers.  We will sell these tickets as a package that will include transportation to/from MetLife stadium ($37.50), food at the BKMB Tailgate ($7.50), and the competition ticket itself ($30.00).  The discounted package price will be $70.00. We will continue to sell tickets this Saturday at Drop-Off 10/31  11:30am-12:30pm inside the lobby area. We have reserved four Coach Buses for parents and siblings.  Two and a 1/3 parent buses are full! We have only 90 Bus Package seats left!  You may use fundraising points if you have them and credit cards will be accepted.  For more info http://yea.org/programs/usbands/fall/news/584-seedings-open-national-championships

MetLife  - Tailgate Needs:

We are putting the final touches on the Nationals Tailgate and are in need of volunteers and the following items:

Items Needed

If you can supply any of the items listed below, please email Daf...@aol.com

(3) 5 gallon water jugs

(6)  6’ or 8’ Tables

(4)  Full propane tanks

(12) Foil Pans

Items may be dropped off Saturday 10/31/2015  b/w 4:00-4:30 near the greenhouse around back of SHS.

Or you may contact Donna Fagan to make other arrangements.

PLEASE LABEL with your name so we can return your items !

Volunteer Opportunities:

All volunteers are welcome to the buses down – no need to arrive early – we will have a set-up crew arriving just prior to the buses!

Need     Position

2          Set-up Food Prep

4          Grill Cooks

3          Food Prep – wrap grill items

1          Set-up Serving area

3          Load Items on Trucks – needed prior to departure from SHS

7          Servers - food

2          Cakes –cut and serve

Please email Donna Fagan  - daf...@aol.com if you would like to Volunteer !

Any questions please contact

Donna Fagan

860 637-3186 (cell)

Daf...@aol.com

Band Banquet Nov 18th Aqua Turff: The Flyers for the Band Banquet were sent home with the students.  Families will submit their banquet reservations and seating choice to Team Captains by Monday, 10/26. This is a fancy event.  Most of the young ladies wear cocktail dresses and the guys wear shirt and ties.  The parents are usually not quite as dressed up, but still look nice.  There are lots of photo opportunities.

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Oct 31, 2015, 1:26:02 PM10/31/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

BE SURE TO MAKE SOME NOISE TONIGHT FOR SOUTHINGTON AT STATES!!!!!! THE JUDGES WILL NOTICE!!!!!!

Nationals at MetLife Stadium Nov 7th:    We are continuing to sell tickets as a package that will include transportation to/from MetLife stadium ($37.50), food at the BKMB Tailgate ($7.50), and the competition ticket itself ($30.00).  The discounted package price is $70.00. We will continue to sell tickets Monday 11/2 at Drop-Off 5:45-6:45pm inside the lobby area. We have reserved four Coach Buses for parents and siblings; we would love to have them filled!  We have only 40 Bus Package seats left!  Please be a part of the fun and join us in NJ to support BKMB as they compete for a National Championship! You may use fundraising points if you have them and credit cards will be accepted.  For more info http://yea.org/programs/usbands/fall/news/584-seedings-open-national-championships

MetLife  - Tailgate Needs-Updated:

We are putting the final touches on the Nationals Tailgate and are in need of volunteers and the following items:

Items Needed – UPDATED

If you can supply any of the items listed below, please email Daf...@aol.com

(3) Waters -5 gallons each

(4)   6’ or 8’ Tables

(3)  Full propane tanks

(12) Foil Pans

Items may be dropped off Saturday 10/31/2015  b/w 4:00-4:30 near the greenhouse around back of SHS.

Or you may contact Donna Fagan to make other arrangements.

PLEASE LABEL with your name so we can return your items !

Volunteer Opportunities:

All volunteers are encouraged to take advantage of the bus package tickets above and ride down on the buses – no need to arrive early – we will have a set-up crew arriving just prior to the buses!

Need     Position

1          Set-up Food Prep

3          Grill Cooks

3          Food Prep – wrap grill items

1          Set-up Serving area

2          Load Items on Trucks – needed prior to departure from SHS

1          Servers - food

0          Cakes –cut and serve

Please email Donna Fagan  - daf...@aol.com if you would like to Volunteer !

Any questions please contact

Donna Fagan

860 637-3186 (cell)

Daf...@aol.com

Band Banquet Nov 18th Aqua Turff: Please consider making a donation to the raffle.  We do not want people soliciting businesses since we just hit them up for the ad book.  But if you own your own business, have something to re-gift, want to put together a basket of goodies, purchase a gift card, or make something crafty that would be great.  We have had homemade blankets and jewelry, photo albums from the season, golf passes, restaurant gift cards, bottles of wine, etc. Donations can be brought directly to the banquet.

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Nov 9, 2015, 6:10:03 PM11/9/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Nationals at MetLife:  Wow what a great way to cap off a great season! I am so very honored to be a part of the SHS Band Backers organization.  Working with such committed people who truly value what the Marching Band and the Southington music program offers our children is a great pleasure.  Thank you to all the people who constantly step up and do what they can with their time and talents to support our children and this program. Thank you to Mrs. Ossias and Mr. Stuppler and their amazing staff for all that they do to get our children to “pursue perfection to achieve excellence.”

MetLife  - Tailgate:

THANK YOU to the Tailgate Crew and volunteers who came together to make last night a success! We had awesome crew (thank you Jon Lamkins – for answering my million questions) who planned and organized the event  and  great volunteers who help from setting up, to cooking, to line control to clean-up !!

A special thank you to Tim McLaughlin and his crew for making sure everything (including the cakes – thank you Dan G! ) was loaded and  safety arrived at Met Life Stadium!

The support and “energy” the parents, family and friends brought to the tailgate last night was certainly carried on to the field by our awesome Band and is just one more reason why the Band has received the Dinkles Spirit of Band Award twice in four years!

Thank You !   Donna

Veteran’s Day Concert 7:00pm Nov 10th Tickets are $5.00 (proceeds go to The Fisher House which is a veteran’s home in the New Haven area) and can be purchase in advance in the band office, or at the door.

Band Banquet Nov 18th Aqua Turff: Please consider making a donation to the raffle.  We do not want people soliciting businesses since we just hit them up for the ad book.  But if you own your own business, have something to re-gift, want to put together a basket of goodies, purchase a gift card, or make something crafty that would be great.  We have had homemade blankets and jewelry, photo albums from the season, golf passes, restaurant gift cards, bottles of wine, etc. Donations can be brought directly to the banquet.

Please contact Kim DiFusco kdif...@cox.net  if you have any questions. Contact Diane Peccerillo dpecc...@snet.net if you have questions about your seniors being in good standing.

Band Backer General Meeting: The Dec 2nd  meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  November Meeting Minutes attached.

General Minutes 11-4-2015.pdf

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Nov 14, 2015, 7:19:55 AM11/14/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Dinkles Spirit Award attached: Many folks wanted copies of the Dinkles award so it is attached so you can print it and display  it with pride.  Also here is a link to where you can order photos from this year’s Nationals Competition http://www.teamphotonetwork.com/QPPlus/SearchNames.aspx?EventID=1742928&_AccountNumber=2929&EventName=USBands%20Open%20Class%20National%20Championships%202015http://www.gradphotonetwork.com/Track/C.aspx?c=C3152R86XW&q=16723323&n=532818&l=Ossias&a=2929&e=1742928&t=g&email=sos...@southingtonschools.org

Band Banquet Nov 18th Aqua Turff: Please consider making a donation to the raffle.  We do not want people soliciting businesses since we just hit them up for the ad book.  But if you own your own business, have something to re-gift, want to put together a basket of goodies, purchase a gift card, or make something crafty that would be great.  We have had homemade blankets and jewelry, photo albums from the season, golf passes, restaurant gift cards, bottles of wine, etc. Donations can be brought directly to the banquet.

Please contact Kim DiFusco kdif...@cox.net  if you have any questions. Contact Diane Peccerillo dpecc...@snet.net if you have questions about your seniors being in good standing.

Items that need to be picked up still:

Thank you to everyone who lent us items for the tailgate.  If you haven’t picked them up yet, we plan to have the greenhouse open from 9 am to 11 am this Saturday, 11/14.  If you can’t make it then, please contact Jon Lamkins (jon.l...@cox.net) to arrange another time.

MOTK Lost & Found:

I have a few items that are missing their “homes”.  Currently they are taking shelter in my garage, however, their time is running out.  I have attached a couple pictures of the lonely items.  If you can claim any of them please let me know so that we can arrange a happy reunion.  Otherwise, they will find a new home in the band closet by the weekend.  I know that the owners of the 2 crockpots have reached out to me, but if you could please contact me again I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much!!  Jen Semmel jens...@cox.net

General Minutes 11-4-2015.pdf
Dink 001.jpg
20151109_211439.jpg
20151109_212102.jpg

Erik and Tisha Semmel

Nov 19, 2015, 7:13:59 PM11/19/15
to SHS-...@googlegroups.com, sos...@southingtonschools.org, hstu...@southingtonschools.org

Band Banquet: Thank you to Kim DiFusco all the folks on the Band Banquet Committee for putting together another great evening!  Here is the DropBox and YouTube Links from Mrs. Huff if you would like to Download or re-watch the Senior Reflections video.

BKMB Senior Reflections 2015

image

BKMB Senior Reflections 2015

View on youtu.be

Preview by Yahoo

BKMB Senior 2015.mov

image

BKMB Senior 2015.mov

Google Drive

View on drive.google.com

Preview by Yahoo

Pie Pickup! When:  Saturday November 21st,  Time:   9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.

Where: S.H.S. side loading dock area - across from the gates to the fields

Please bring your ORIGINAL order forms so you can re-count your order to be sure you have
what you need.  Also, the pies are frozen so you may want to bring a cooler depending on your delivery time to your buyers.

***IF ANYONE IS WILLING & ABLE TO COME HELP US SEPARATE,  THEN  BOX/BAG THE ORDERS BEFORE PARENT/STUDENT PICKUP --THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! **Please come to the loading dock about  8:30.**  There will be coffee/tea/hot coco and treats  for our volunteers.
THANK YOU TO ALL IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

Band Backer General Meeting: The Dec 2nd  meeting will be held in Room C301 7:30pm.  November Meeting Minutes attached.

Super-Subs Info:

It’s time to begin planning for our annual sub sale fundraiser. The event includes selling, making and delivering of the subs on Superbowl Sunday. Typically over 60 students participate, selling over 2,000 subs and earning over $10,000 for both students and the band backers’ organization. This effort has become a very popular community event with both Southington residents and the band community.

There are a number of benefits for students:

1.    Spend more time after marching band season with your friends!

2.    Make money; each student makes $2.00 per sub sold.

3.    Donations are worth 50% to the students!

4.    Community outreach – it’s a win-win for everyone!

Please see details below about specific parts of this fundraising event and volunteer needs:

Group Sales:

Participating students (driven by parent volunteers) will visit neighborhoods in Southington to solicit donations & sell grinders.

A sign-up form will be posted in the band hallway in December for students to sign-up. They should note which driver or kids they want to be paired with. Students can sell one, two, three or all four of those days.

We need 10-12 parent drivers for each day of group sales: Saturday, January 9th, Sunday January 10th, Saturday January 16th and Sunday January 17th.

We are also in need of 5-6 volunteers for each day to count money and reconcile order forms.

Individual Sales:

Students may also sell subs on their own. Individual sales may start no earlier than 1/18/16. Order form and instructions will be posted to the band website.

Superbowl Sunday (February 7, 2016):

Each student who sells subs must also make subs on Superbowl Sunday as well as deliver all subs sold. Subs will be made on Sunday, February 7th from ~6:30am – 11:00am.

We are also in need of additional volunteers to help in the planning of the event, set-up and day-of sub making.

If you can volunteer: PLEASE SIGN UP VIA EMAIL BY Monday, 12/21 at shssu...@gmail.com or at the December band backers meeting.

If you have any questions please contact committee co-chairs:

Both Liz Chasse & Dave Pestillo at: shsban...@gmail.com, or

Liz: (860) 462-1105 or Dave (860) 329-1707

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
General Minutes 11-4-2015.pdf