shoreleave-baseline

oliyh

Mar 23, 2013, 5:19:07 PM3/23/13
to shorele...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've just started out with clojurescript and I'm still finding my way.

I cloned shoreleave-baseline and was able to get it to compile and run succesfully. In order to start implementing my own requirements I thought my first step would be to remove src/shoreleave and instead import the following dependancies:

[shoreleave "0.3.0"]
[shoreleave/shoreleave-remote-ring "0.3.0"]

Cleaning and recompiling using cljsbuild worked without errors and the index page worked fine but visiting the "test" page gave me the following error in Firebug:
"TypeError: shoreleave.remotes is undefined"

I added the following dependancy as well just in case but it made no difference.
[shoreleave/shoreleave-remote "0.3.0"]

Have I missed something obvious, or is the shoreleave code included in baseline slightly out of sync with the 0.3.0 lib published on maven (I compared the obvious candidate files and couldn't see any difference). I would greatly appreciate any help, the shoreleave libraries look awesome and I'm really looking forward to working with them.

Thanks

Paul deGrandis

Mar 23, 2013, 5:51:38 PM3/23/13
to shorele...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for using Shoreleave!

Shoreleave baseline is used to smoke-test and evolve new ideas for the individual shoreleave modules.  All of the code is exactly in sync.

I suggest that if people are building up from baseline, they use the project as is.  You may find you want to modify some pieces of shoreleave's default behaviors to better fit your application - this is easiest to do directly in source (rather than jacking yourself into a protocol).

In the 0.3 release, protocols and their implementations were pulled apart more.  Specifically in `remotes` you need to be mindful to require the protocols and the implementation.  Aside from that, everything else should work as it does with the baseline application.

Let me know if this doesn't help and we can work through putting together a representative example of a bug.

 Cheers,
Paul

oliyh

Mar 23, 2013, 6:19:40 PM3/23/13
to shorele...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Paul, your suggestion steered me to the solution, which was to require shoreleave.remotes.http-rpc in main.cljs.

I suspect this is something to do with the remotes.macros file containing a runtime dependancy on remotes.http-rpc rather than compile time one but I still don't quite understand it!

Everything works as expected now, thanks for your help.