Re: Having trouble running Shopizer v2.0.3 on Glassfish4

Message has been deleted

Carl Samson

Nov 27, 2016, 10:01:10 AM11/27/16
to shop...@googlegroups.com
I don't get why this exception occurs, there is no dependency on JSF in Shopizer, was the code modified to use JSF

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Denis Kajdic <deno....@gmail.com> wrote:
This is the error:

Info:   WebModule[null] ServletContext.log():No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath
Info:   Initializing Mojarra 2.2.12 ( 20150720-0848 https://svn.java.net/svn/mojarra~svn/tags/2.2.12@14885) for context '/sm-shop'
Severe:   Unable to obtain InjectionProvider from init time FacesContext. Does this container implement the Mojarra Injection SPI?
Severe:   Unable to call @PreDestroy annotated methods because no InjectionProvider can be found. Does this container implement the Mojarra Injection SPI?
Severe:   Critical error during deployment:
com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactoryConfigurationError: Provider for class javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory cannot be created
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.getConfigDocuments(ConfigManager.java:773)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:353)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.contextListenerStart(StandardContext.java:5394)
at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebModule.contextListenerStart(WebModule.java:743)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:5963)

This is on the other side of the error stack:

Severe:   Exception while loading the app
Severe:   Undeployment failed for context /sm-shop
Severe:   Exception while loading the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.sun.faces.config.ConfigurationException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactoryConfigurationError: Provider for class javax.xml.validation.SchemaFactory cannot be created

I updated the Mysql database details but to no avail.

Denis Kajdic

Nov 27, 2016, 11:08:58 AM11/27/16
to Shopizer
No, I haven't modified anything at all.

I'm willing to try with the most stable version. I noticed v2.0.5 is present on GitHub - should I try that?

Also:
1. which platform do you recommend that I use on my side - 1.7 or 1.8?
2. should I stick to Tomcat 7 or I can try to run it on Glassfish 4 without any issues?

In relation to the point 2 (and the error mentioned in my first post above), the error contains "Severe:   Exception while loading the app : java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang" when I try to run it on Glassfish

Is the term "catalina" specific to Tomcat, not to Glassfish (or I just got a wrong impression)?

If so, how come anything related to Tomcat pops out when trying to run on Glassfish?

Carl Samson - GMail

Nov 27, 2016, 1:17:25 PM11/27/16
to shop...@googlegroups.com
Java 7 with version 2.03 or with master

Version 1.8 with upcoming shopizer 2.05 not yetready

Sent from my iPhone

Denis Kajdic

Nov 27, 2016, 3:26:26 PM11/27/16
to Shopizer
OK, I decided to give it a go with Tomcat 7, and Shopizer-master.

I'm getting this one (seems like the cause is in the codebase itself so....):

Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.2:compile (default) on project sm-shop: Compiler errors :
error at @RequestMapping(Constants.SHOP_URI+"/order")
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
D:\ChromeDownloads\_DEV_TEMP\__JAVA\shopizer-master\sm-shop\src\main\java\com\salesmanager\web\shop\controller\order\ShoppingOrderController.java:93:0::0 The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
-> [Help 1]

Carl Samson

Nov 27, 2016, 7:18:03 PM11/27/16
to shop...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you are running Java 8, run it with Java 7

Message has been deleted

Denis Kajdic

Nov 28, 2016, 12:22:09 PM11/28/16
to Shopizer
Alright, I ran another installation of Netbeans and set it up to pick JDK7 and it finally worked, although I may say not every time building and running process goes smoothly.
Also, I had to edit slightly a comment in a file somewhere because it wouldn't compile otherwise (master branch).

Another question: I ended up with a blank Mysql database - tables were generated but all empty; I saw somewhere (not sure which version) that there was a file with some predefined database content. Should've that worked for the master branch, or there's something wrong with my project?

umesha...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2016, 12:36:12 PM11/28/16
to shop...@googlegroups.com
Check for POPULATE_TEST_DATA property under shopizer-properties.xml and set it to true.
Drop scehama and it shd load test data on startup

Sent from my iPhone

Denis Kajdic

Nov 28, 2016, 1:09:55 PM11/28/16
to Shopizer
Will try that, thanks.

For now, what's this error (when I click on this product's I just created Details link):

HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is com.salesmanager.core.business.generic.exception.ConversionException: org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.salesmanager.core.business.catalog.product.model.Product.categories, no session or session was closed

Carl Samson

Nov 28, 2016, 2:02:13 PM11/28/16
to shop...@googlegroups.com
Yes

If you want a small subset of dummy data

<prop key="POPULATE_TEST_DATA">true</prop> in shopizer-properties.xml

drop SALESMANAGER schema and start the application