Unable to run shopper 2.0.5 in tomcat

Sridhar Nelloru

Sep 21, 2017, 10:57:08 PM9/21/17
to shop...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am not ale to start the shopper app in tomcat. I am seeing below error in logs

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive /home/snelloru/apache-tomcat-7.0.81/webapps/sm-shop.war
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/sm-shop]]
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:1013)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:985)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1127)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:2020)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

But, I am able to run the app successfully using "mvn spring-boot:run", not in tomcat.

I have both JDK, JRE at 1.8 and I made sure my maven and tomcat are using same environments.

Can you please suggest a work-around to fix this problem??

--
Thanks
Sridhar N

edi.g...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2017, 4:12:48 AM10/18/17
to Shopizer
Hello,

I have tested with tomcat 7.0.81. The exception that I got is
NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.ServletContext.getVirtualServerName

Which makes more sens if you are using an old sever and at the same time the project evolved to a newer servlet API.

I recommend using a newer Tomcat, 9.0.0.M17 (tested and works fine) or play with servlet version in the poms and find who needs the new API (pretty tedious task)

Good Luck

degr...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2018, 4:52:19 AM7/13/18
to Shopizer
> Hello

i have issu with spring boot :run ,the error is : Unable to Start embedded TomCat

Thank you in advance for help