Force "digits" argument of renderTable to pass through to xtable?

davidg...@cpm.org

Dec 2, 2016, 11:56:44 PM12/2/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I have a few apps that use renderTable to render HTML tables with custom #s of digits in each cell. Before shiny added its own "digits" argument to renderTable and it got passed through to xtable, I could pass in a matrix of digits values to get some cells to render with 0 digits, others with 2 or 4 or whatever. Shiny taking its own digits argument broke that, however, because now the argument doesn't get passed through to xtable and shiny doesn't correctly interpret the matrix.

This code USED to do what I wanted as an argument to renderTable

,digits=matrix(c(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,4,4,4,4),nrow=3,ncol=5,byrow=TRUE)

but now I just get the default 2 digits everywhere. You can see the app (table is on the right) at http://shiny.mtbos.org/meanCIs

Is there any way I can force shiny/R to pass the argument through to xtable?