Change Cell Colour of DT Table Reactively

Dario Strbenac

Jul 22, 2015, 11:00:06 PM7/22/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Is it possible ? It seems not to be, according to the functions that currently work with a table proxy object (section 2.3). I have an observeEvent function to react to a button click. In that function, I am attempting to use formatStyle(tableProxy, 4, backgroundColor = styleEqual("High", "red")). This causes an error about an invalid argument type.

Yihui Xie

Jul 23, 2015, 12:23:10 AM7/23/15
to Dario Strbenac, Shiny - Web Framework for R
No, that is currently not possible.

Regards,
Yihui

omker mahalanobish

Sep 21, 2016, 1:00:31 PM9/21/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R, dario....@gmail.com
Hi Yihui,
any update on this? is this currently possible?

Yihui Xie

Sep 21, 2016, 2:08:46 PM9/21/16
to omker mahalanobish, Shiny - Web Framework for R, Dario Strbenac
Sorry, but the answer is still no. The formatting functions are
essentially initialization options for DataTables, and you cannot
change these options are a table has been initialized.

Regards,
Yihui