Google PageSpeed Guidance

Sushanta Deb

Jul 26, 2016, 1:06:55 PM7/26/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
My app runs a very low score in Google Page Speed test.

Some of the points made are as follows:

Leverage browser caching
Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.
Leverage browser caching for the following cacheable resources:

Then a bunch of links are listed.

Its also telling me:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

and
Optimize the following images to reduce their size by 966KiB (93% reduction).

Appreciate some guidance on how do I implement the above 3 suggestions in my ShinyApp

Regards
SD

Sushanta Deb

Jul 27, 2016, 5:52:57 AM7/27/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
What would be really useful if we had a tool or a package that could optimize other packages and combine them into one package where all JS and CSS files are converted into a single file and minified.

I think shiny could immensely help its users by coming up with a tool that allows its users to do that.  Thoughts?

Also would appreciate if we could have a small tutorial on how to assign expiry date to our resources when using a shinyapp

Regards
SD