Permission Denied on my own server.R and ui.R

qians...@hotmail.com

Nov 2, 2013, 9:08:25 AM11/2/13
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am new to Shiny and Ubuntu. Basically, I have done the following:

 copy the example apps into /srv/shiny-server, then I type: sudo start shiny-server, then I can run the sample apps (e.g. x.x.x.x:3838/01_hello)

However, when I put my own app folder under this directory, and run x.x.x.x.:3838/testapp

the server returns:

An error has occurred

The application failed to start.

The application exited during initialization.

Warning in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) : cannot open file '/srv/shiny-server/testapp2/server.R': Permission denied Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) : cannot open the connection Calls: runApp ... eval.parent -> eval -> eval -> eval -> eval -> source -> file Execution halted

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thank you and have a nice day,

SU

Vincent Nijs

Nov 3, 2013, 1:48:43 AM11/3/13
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
sounds like you may have to change permissions. Google chmod

qians...@hotmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 3:50:14 PM11/5/13
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Vincent, you are right, after I changed the permission the problem is resolved. Thank you very much!

Nabi Shaikh

Jun 22, 2016, 9:52:34 PM6/22/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hey how to change the permission, i am facing the same error ...