Changing shiny dashboard color

Iain Wallace

Jul 28, 2015, 2:30:09 PM7/28/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi all,

Could some one point me to the tag names that I have to modify the color of a shiny dashboard?

Modified from http://rstudio.github.io/shinydashboard/appearance.html#long-titles
this will change the top left corner of my dashboard to orange
tags$head(tags$style(HTML('
.skin-blue .main-header .logo {
background-color: #f4b943;
}
.skin-blue .main-header .logo:hover {
background-color: #f4b943;
}
')))

It is unclear to me how to change the rest of the header and sidebar to orange, and how I can change the color when an item on the "SideBarMenu" is selected/highlighted.

Any pointers greatly appreciated,

thanks

Iain

Iain Wallace

Jul 31, 2015, 2:39:48 PM7/31/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R, iain.m....@gmail.com
FYI: Got an answer on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31711307/how-to-change-color-in-shiny-dashboard

Turns out it was really straightforward. Using the developer tools on Chrome (https://developer.chrome.com/devtools) allows you to see what elements are present on the page and then you can use the above example to change the color of each of them.