How to switch navigation bar direction in flex_dashboard?

Gilco333

Aug 24, 2016, 6:01:20 PM8/24/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I have been trying to modify the CSS properties for getting the opposite direction (RTL = Right to Left) of the navigation bar.
I set:
flex-direction: row-reverse;

and used the inspector tool to figure out the element name, tried all elements but missed it.
I don't know to which element exactly to apply to :/ ,
can someone please explain me in short how to solve it, I'm me kinda new to CSS.

Thank you in advance,
Gil

Gilco333

Aug 27, 2016, 12:10:52 PM8/27/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I'll try to elaborate the issue which I'm trying to resolve:

I decided to use markdown with flexdashboard package for generating a dynamic dashboard.

The dashboard is well designed out of the box thanks to the people who wrote it , BUT I would like to set a sidebar to the right side of the screen (not to the left as given by default).

I have read the documentation flexdashboard's sidebar and googled quite a lot but couldn't find a way how to customize it from the markdown file (Rmd).

Eventually decided to modify bunch of CSS files, and move those html elements.

.section.sidebar {
  top: 61px;
  border-bottom: 10px solid #ececec;
  border-left: 10px solid #ececec;
  background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 1);
  left:1080px;
}

but it seems I have taken the wrong path (CSS tweaking is a headache for me), Can someone suggest a better approach cause I'm kinda lost here?

for demonstration purposes I drew a small sketch:

my illustration

Thank you in advance :) ,

Gil