RMySQL: internal error in RS_DBI_getConnection: corrupt connection handle

cul...@liangbros.com

Nov 24, 2015, 1:05:00 AM11/24/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

So I connected to my database just fine in the beginning:

con <- dbConnect(
MySQL(),
user = "username", password = "password",
host = "<my amazon web service database server>",
port = 3306
)

So everything was wroking but after a couple runs/refreshes on my shiny app, it says I have 16 connections open and I can no longer open any connections.

So, I tried running:

dbDisconnect(dbListConnections(MySQL()))

Then I got this:

dbListConnections(MySQL())
[[1]]TRUE

Then I got this error:

Error in .local(dbObj, ...) :
internal error in RS_DBI_getConnection: corrupt connection handle

Now, whenever I try to open my shiny app, I get the error on the datatableoutput

(I query the database to generate this output):
internal error in RS_DBI_getConnection: corrupt connection handle

Please help!! I have a project due soon and it NEEDS RMySQL!! Thank you guys so much!