Shiny server - deployment

Kalyana Bedhu

Oct 20, 2016, 3:11:00 AM10/20/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hello, We are trying to understand a deployment architecture for Shiny and I got this question from tech team. I need help and insight answering that.

They want to understand if there is a way Shiny apps be installed where any heavy lifting of R can happen on a different (bigger) server. This will enable them to install Shiny on a node that is shared with multiple front end applications. They are afraid that if a large data processing request (for R) will choke resources for other apps.

Is there a possibility for such architecture where I can write in the Shiny app (or some configuration parameter), which R server it has to use to process?