Announcement: ShinyDevCon videos now available

Joe Cheng

May 6, 2016, 12:39:45 PM5/6/16
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com

This past January, we held the first ever Shiny Developer Conference. It was a chance to gather together a group of intermediate to advanced Shiny users, and take their skills to the next level.

It was an exciting event for me in particular, as I’ve been dying to share some of these intermediate and advanced Shiny concepts for years now. There are many concepts that aren’t strictly required to be productive with Shiny, but make a huge difference in helping you write efficient, robust, maintainable apps—and also make Shiny app authoring a lot more satisfying.

The feedback we received from conference attendees was overwhelmingly positive: everyone from relative novices to the most advanced users told us they gained new insights into how to improve their Shiny apps, or had a perspective shift on concepts they thought they already understood. The user-contributed lightning talks were also a big hit, helping people see what’s possible using Shiny and inspiring them to push their own apps further.

If you weren’t able to attend but are still interested in building your Shiny skills, we’re happy to announce the availability of videos of the tutorials and talks:

Shiny Developer Conference 2016 Videos

At the moment, these videos are our best sources of info on the topics of reactive programming, Shiny gadgets, Shiny modules, debugging Shiny apps, and performance. If you’re at all serious about writing Shiny apps, we highly recommend you take the time to watch!

If you’re interested in attending next year’s conference, you can sign up for our email list using the subscription form at the top of the Shiny Developer Conference 2016 Videos page, and we’ll let you know when more details are available.

Joe Cheng [RStudio]

May 6, 2016, 12:51:17 PM5/6/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Also, apologies to Steph Locke: video of her excellent lightning talk is still held up in editing, but should be available soon.

Trevor Nederlof

May 11, 2016, 7:23:42 AM5/11/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Thank you Joe,

As someone who snoozed just a few hours to late to sign up, I really appreciate all the work that went into the conference and making the video's available. I have spent a lot of time using shiny and especially digging into modules (using tons of them in my own r packages), it's really impressive technology. Just wanted to give a big thank you, I know a lot of work and your hours get poured into it.

-Trevor

Indra Kshattry

Sep 3, 2016, 12:26:20 PM9/3/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

Hello Shiny Friends,
I am trying to develop a shiny  App to help student in preparing SAT- math, but have some problems in finalizing it.
What I want:
1. Randomly choose one problem out of two and then
2   Browse a question when  Question button clicked and hit NEXT PROBLEM
3. Show Answer button when Answer button clicked (Should not change the problem)
4. Repeat this process for more practice.

I have attached the necessary files
Question files
Answer files
ui.R
server.R

I would very much appreciate any body in the group helping my problem.

Thank you

Indra

QuesTwo.r
server.R
ui.R
AnsOne.r
AnsTwo.r
QuesOne.r

Jeff van Geete

Apr 27, 2017, 10:23:10 AM4/27/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
You should probably post this in its own question, not as a reply to a DevCon update.

You'll likely not get an answer here.