Packaged shiny app

John Williams

Sep 28, 2016, 9:54:04 PM9/28/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Think I've found a good reason to implement my first R package. Inspired by Mine Çetinkaya-Rundel's course in Bayesian Statistics, the R package will include functions to be called from an interactive R markdown file to render a shiny app knitted into an html document & publishable to shinyapps.io .   What I've not seen before is the Rmd's yaml:

output: statsr:::statswithr_lab

seemingly corresponding to a package installed by

devtools::install_github("StatsWithR/statsr")

But, the yaml output parameter doesn't seem to match up with the github package name.

Thanks for clarification on how this works, specifically the relationship between Rmd yaml output parameter and github package name, and any other context for implementing such a package.