Re: Error: Open failed

Joe Cheng

Jun 19, 2017, 6:29:40 PM6/19/17
to Jerry Shannon, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Is it possible you're using the right filename but with the wrong capitalization? This would work on Windows which has a case-insensitive filesystem, but not on the Linux servers that power shinyapps.io as they are case-sensitive.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:49 AM Jerry Shannon <je...@shannons.us> wrote:
I've got a Shiny application that's giving me a simple "Error: Open failed" message when publishing to shinyapps.io. It works locally, and I've got other versions of the same app that have worked without issue. I've checked multiple times, and every file in the directory should be uploaded when I publish. Does anyone have experience on what might be going on with this error?