Logging out of Shiny Server Pro when using auth_google

lc201203

Dec 10, 2016, 8:13:12 PM12/10/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

I implemented the auth_google setting of Shiny Server Pro using the instructions found at https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/219499547-Shiny-Server-Pro-Google-Authentication-Examples and my app is now password protected. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to log back out once I have provide the required credentials.

I manually entered the following into my ui():

based on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/shiny-discuss/logout%7Csort:relevance/shiny-discuss/35-GWmlvdAc/ku_4msNEAQAJ but clicking it only refreshes the page. From other posts I believe that Shiny Server Pro should create the logout button automatically (or at least did in previous versions) but doesn't seem to be doing so now.

Is there server side code that I need to implement to allow users to log out of an app previously authenticated using the auth_google method?

Eric Kostello

Dec 12, 2016, 1:32:50 PM12/12/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

The "Logged in as [userid]"  Logout widget has vanished from my app as well. Its disappearance is not restricted to the case of using google authentication.

Eric Kostello

Dec 12, 2016, 2:35:02 PM12/12/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

Additional info: The "Logged in as [userid]"  Logout was/is there in 1.4.0. It was no longer there in 1.4.7.736 and it is still not there in 1.5.2.764.

Eric Kostello

Dec 14, 2016, 1:18:36 PM12/14/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R