HTML widget that updates smoothly on renderValue() in shiny

Gábor Csárdi

Sep 21, 2016, 7:25:09 AM9/21/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi All,

I could not find a mailing list or group for HTML widgets, so I am trying my luck here.

Anyone knows an HTML widget that smoothly renders the new data in it's renderValue method when updated (re-rendered) in a Shiny app?

Most widgets I checked simply clear the current display, and essentially re-render. I know that timevis keeps the background timeline, removes the old markers, and adds the new ones.

Which is all fine, I was just wondering if there was an example that e.g. smoothly move dots on a scatter plot, or anything similar really.

Thanks, Gabor

Joe Cheng

Sep 21, 2016, 9:52:03 AM9/21/16
to Gábor Csárdi, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Here are a couple of toy ones:

https://github.com/jcheng5/bubbles
https://github.com/jcheng5/d3scatter