/sbin/service shiny-server start

Harm Brugge

Oct 13, 2017, 3:25:12 AM10/13/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I'm trying to change te permission for the application level log files by changing my shiny-server.conf:

# Instruct Shiny Server to run applications as the user "shiny"

run_as shiny;

# Define a server that listens on port 3838

server {

  listen 3838;

  # Define a location at the base URL

  location / {

    # Host the directory of Shiny Apps stored in this directory

    site_dir /srv/shiny-server;

    # Log all Shiny output to files in this directory

    log_dir /var/log/shiny-server;

    log_file_mode 0644;

    # When a user visits the base URL rather than a particular application,

    # an index of the applications available in this directory will be shown.

    directory_index on;

  }

}

But when I start the service it fails to boot and yields the following error message.
What am I doing wrong?

[ERROR] shiny-server - Error loading config: Unknown directive "log_file_mode" (/etc/shiny-server/shiny-server.conf:11:5)

Philipp M

Dec 13, 2017, 5:12:20 AM12/13/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi,

I'm having the same problem, did you figure out a solution?

Alan Dipert

Dec 14, 2017, 5:18:49 AM12/14/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hello,
Unfortunately this was added to a previous Shiny Server Pro release but didn't make its way back to Shiny Server. There is an open PR [1] that will likely make it into the next release (1.5.7) that we can probably expect within the next couple months.

Alan

Philipp Mallot

Dec 14, 2017, 6:12:22 AM12/14/17
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you very much for your quick answer! I have been going slightly
crazy over this. I guess my users will get a simple app to read their
logs for now.

Philipp