App disconnects on sleep

John Luis

Nov 29, 2016, 8:54:36 PM11/29/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
No one else seems to complain about this, which makes me think I'm the only one with this issue.

My shiny app (on shinyapps.io) shuts down when my laptop goes to sleep.  I get the dreaded gray screen.  Sure I could just refresh it, but it's annoying because every time it requires reuploading data and changing inputs.

I've been told by support that "unfortunately this is due to Chrome and Safari's behavior around XMLHttpRequests and not something we can control."

Has anyone found any workaround at all?  Presumably this should happen with shiny server as well.

I can't be the only one ...