Reading Russian from a .csv file in R

Sripriya Verma

Apr 29, 2018, 8:12:50 AM4/29/18
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

Hey guys,

I am working to create a R shiny translation App using the translateR package and googleAPI key. I have created an input page but it seems that neither R Shiny or R can read the input file which has text in Russian language.
I researched on this and it seems it is the encoding issue with R which is preventing from reading the symbols other than the alphabets and posing a challenge.
Can anyone of you help me rectify this?
There isn’t much solution on web regarding this. I have tried some hacks mentioned in this “https://www.r-bloggers.com/r-and-foreign-characters/” article. But it didn’t work.

Look forward to some solution! Let me know if I am not clear on stating the problem above, would be happy to connect.
Thanks :slight_smile: