Favicons: where to place favicon.ico in a shiny server?

Dean Attali

Jul 21, 2016, 4:34:09 AM7/21/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I tried placing a favicon.ico file in the same folder as my index.html in my shiny server ("/srv/shiny") but the landing page still isn't showing the favicon. Just wondering if that's the correct place to put a favicon?

Sushanta Deb

Jul 25, 2016, 6:27:19 AM7/25/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi Dean,

I have used the below in my ui.R and it works

shinyUI(fluidPage(

  tags$head(tags$link(rel="shortcut icon", href="//DATA URI or the link//")),

))

Regards
SD

Sushanta Deb

Jul 25, 2016, 10:04:03 AM7/25/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Also the below should work

/www/favicon.ico should work

Robin Cura

Jul 25, 2016, 10:31:08 AM7/25/16
to Sushanta Deb, Dean Attali, Shiny - Web Framework for R
I think Dean asked for a "global" favicon, on Shiny-server landing page, not for each app.

It seems (works for me) that putting a favicon.ico in applications root folder (srv/shiny-server in my case) works. But I'm not using a custom index.html page.
And it took some time to update, even after removing the cache. Maybe a shiny-server is what's needed.

HTH,

Robin

Dean Attali

Jul 25, 2016, 1:37:40 PM7/25/16
to Robin Cura, Sushanta Deb, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Thanks Robin and Sushanta.  Robin is correct, I meant for the index page.  I got it to work, thanks!

em...@xpertly.co

Mar 17, 2017, 5:48:04 PM3/17/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R, robin...@parisgeo.cnrs.fr, sushant...@gmail.com
What was the solution to this?