setting TMPDIR for shiny-server

Gareth Williams

Sep 3, 2015, 4:01:38 AM9/3/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I've been setting up a shiny-server on debian and would like any temporary files from R to be in a location that is not /tmp

I've tried setting TMPDIR and TMP environment variables before starting shiny-server but not succeeded so far.

Am I on the wrong track?

By the way, I'll make a separate post about debian init.d scripts

Gareth

Gareth Williams

Sep 8, 2015, 5:53:01 AM9/8/15
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I've found _a_ solution to my problem.  Setting TMPDIR=XXX in a .Renviron file in the home directory of the user that runs the service is effective.  This is probably less than ideal for running a service, but I already have a .Rprofile file to make cairo graphics work so I'll be satisfied with this solution.

Gareth