The application failed to start - listen EADDRNOTAVAIL

Even Juberg

Jul 25, 2016, 8:53:11 AM7/25/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

The server has been running Shiny/R for a while, with no issues at all. Now, all of a sudden this error occurs for all hosted apps.

The default webpage is shown, but the two boxes where test apps should show up, only show this:

"An error has occurred

The application failed to start.

listen EADDRNOTAVAIL"

In the log for shiny-server, I find this:

[INFO] shiny-server - ^[[39mStarting listener on 0.0.0.0:3838
[INFO] shiny-server - ^[[39mError getting worker: Error: The application exited during initialization.

I have been banging my head against the wall, to no avail - so if anyone has any idea where I can start to look to fix this, it will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Even