Redirect Shiny Server Pro's index.html to app.R

Nikolay Voronchikhin

Aug 8, 2016, 6:00:50 PM8/8/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R

We created a shinydashboard that displays the home page of our organizations and links to their Shiny Apps. This is written and stored as app.R

Is there a way to redirect the current index.html page to app.R or specify in index.html to run app.R?

Joe Cheng

Aug 24, 2016, 6:43:21 PM8/24/16
to Nikolay Voronchikhin, Shiny - Web Framework for R
I think it should work to add this to your /etc/shiny-server/shiny-server.conf file:

location / {
  redirect "path-to-app" 301 true;
}

You might have to experiment with where to place it, I think above an existing "location /" directive is probably going to be necessary.