Displaying selected rows of a data table in an easy way

Alberto Luiz Reyes

Jan 12, 2018, 8:50:52 PM1/12/18
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I have created a shiny app that displays a data table using DT::renderDataTable({}). From this data table, the user can search rows and then select multiple rows to view in some data visualization.

What I would like to accomplish is display the selected rows either at the top of the data table or in a separate data table in which the rows are still selected and can be deselected. This will make it easy for the user to deselect a row they no longer want to view in the visualization.

As of now I have successfully created a separate data table that displays the selected rows from the original data table. However, these rows in the second data table are not selected within, therefore the user cannot deselect from the second table.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!