Unicode characters(Chinese) display issue

keqian...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2017, 1:21:30 PM6/23/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi,

I'm having this issue only on Windows. I developed a Shiny app uses shiny dashboard on a Mac and it works fine. Once I switched to Windows, these Chinese characters can't display correctly, which I think should be an encoding issue.

The weird part is, all the characters I wrote in ui.R displayed correctly, such as the side bar text and title, but the ones I wrote in a module and sourced by function 'source' in global.R would not display correctly. It looks like the picture below, notice the title of the blue header box is also specified in ui.R but all the characters below were in another file and sourced in as a module.

I tried set use Sys.setlocale() to set the local to Chinese but didn't work. I suspect the issue is introduced by function source, but can't figure out a way to fix it.