Grid layout question create a reactive spreadsheet layout?

glennm...@me.com

Sep 28, 2016, 9:45:21 AM9/28/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
My app requires a table/grid layout similar to a speadsheet. Most because this what is expected by users and second the information does not lend itself easily to a graphic visualization.  An example of what I am trying to achieve is below.

The orange area is input values, the white area is return values, the blue area is return values that are return values that, ideally, may be also be reactive input as well - this is not a need but a want.

The table output columns must be an odd number of either 7 or 9, resulting in a total column count 8 or 10 (including row labels)

What I have tried so far:
fluidRow - I can only get 5 columns by setting width to 2.  Per an earlier question/answer I believe that fluidRow is correct solution not fillRow. The 12 column limitation (width setting) is a problem as I cannot seem to position the required 8 columns without wrapping.  There are two instances in the app where a table of this nature is required.  Otherwise the remainder of the app is plotting etc. which will be quite easy with Shiny