DT functionality doesn't work

gregd...@gmail.com

May 22, 2015, 4:16:42 PM5/22/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I upgraded to shiny 0.12.0 and also installed the DT package. However, the included examples don't work (e.g DT-checkbox) - the app loads everything except I simply get a blank space where the data table would be. This occurs on both a shiny::runApp call and on shiny server (free version). Using Firefox 31.1 if that matters. Using renderDataTables call from shiny work fine.

Thanks,
Greg

Yihui Xie

May 22, 2015, 10:44:15 PM5/22/15
to Greg D, shiny-discuss
I just ran the DT-checkbox app in the RStudio IDE, Google Chrome, and
Firefox (the latest 38.0). All worked well for me. Can you send the
sessionInfo() after you launch and stop the app? Are there any error
messages in the browser console (Ctrl + Shift + I, or from the menu)?

Regards,
Yihui

gregd...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 9:19:41 AM5/25/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
I was able to fix it by upgrading jsonlite from 0.9.13 to 0.9.16.
Thanks!
Greg

gregd...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 9:24:55 AM5/25/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Actually they all work except for the DT-info example. I do get a console error:
TypeError: data is undefined

gregd...@gmail.com

May 25, 2015, 9:31:16 AM5/25/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the triple post but DT-info works via runApp but not via shiny server

Yihui Xie

May 25, 2015, 12:08:32 PM5/25/15
to Greg D, shiny-discuss
Have you upgraded packages in the system library? i.e. the ones under
/usr in .libPaths(). Try to print sapply(.libPaths(), list.files) and
see if you have duplicate packages installed in multiple R libraries.

Regards,
Yihui