Unable to upload Shiny application to shinyapps.io

Tiago Pereira

Apr 19, 2017, 2:43:55 PM4/19/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi, I've been trying to upload my Shiny app with no success. It works fine on my computer, but when I try to publish it trow this message:

Error: Unable to retrieve package records for the following packages:
- 'foo', 'testRcppClass', 'testRcppModule'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  Package 'testRcppClass' not available in repository or locally
2: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  Package 'foo' not available in repository or locally
3: In FUN(X[[i]], ...) :
  Package 'testRcppModule' not available in repository or locally
Execution halted.

l've tried to install the packages, but again with no success and the reason for that is because I've found out that these are not actual packages.
"testRcppClass" and "testRcppModules" are folders inside the "Rccp" package and "foo" seems to be a file inside "XML" package.
Any idea on how to solve this?
Many thanks,
Tiago.

Bárbara Borges

Apr 20, 2017, 9:03:18 PM4/20/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
A couple of suggestions:
  • if you have a minimal, reproducible example, it would go a long way to actually give us an idea of the underlying problem;
  • try starting a clean R session and installing the "Rcpp" and "XML" packages again, from CRAN (or Github). Your working environment could be in a weird state...
  • if neither of the above work for you, you can always look into the packrat repo and post an issue there (it seems there is at least one similar issue)