Any one has tried to Google Search R shiny websites?

Andrea

Jan 16, 2017, 1:10:24 PM1/16/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi there,

I have been using R Shiny IO server for 6 months and lately I tried to google my website but to no avail.
Another thing I tried is to copy and paste the whole link in the google search box. However, google cannot find any match.

I was wondering if R Shiny web applications have ever been indexed by google search engine?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Andrea

Dean Attali

Jan 17, 2017, 1:09:32 AM1/17/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Are you using shinyapps.io? It's possible that rstudio explicitly made sure google does not index shinyapps apps. If you install shiny server yourself, google should be able to crawl it

Andrea

Jan 17, 2017, 3:36:51 AM1/17/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Thank you so much, Dean Attali!

Yes, I have been using the free version https://www.shinyapps.io/

Lukas Lundström

Jan 20, 2017, 9:54:48 AM1/20/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Can you get search indexing working on shinyapps.io or do you have to go for shiny server for that?

/Lukas