Looking for an experienced Shiny expert to teach this spring at the Univ. of Pennsylvania

Kenneth Steif

Sep 21, 2016, 11:09:34 AM9/21/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hello all,

Thanks for taking a look. My name is Ken Steif. I am the Director of the Masters of Urban Spatial Analytics program at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We combine spatial analysis and traditional data science techniques in the urban planning domain.

We are working to bolster our data visualization offerings - particularly dynamic, web-based visualization including maps and dashboards. We currently teach Carto, Leaflet, ArcServer and associated languages. Most analytical classes however employ R and thus, Shiny is a natural extension.

We are looking for someone to teach 4-5 classes this spring on Shiny as part of a course that will include unstructured data retrieval and visualization.

If you are interested, we'd love to see a portfolio and perhaps a CV. Teaching experience would be great but a track record of communicating technology solutions is good too.

If you are interested, I'd love to chat. Please respond with an email and I'll be in touch.

Many thanks for your time.

Ken Steif, PhD
Director, MUSA Program, Univ. of Pennsylvania
Founder, Urban Spatial