Unable to get latest version of Shiny

Jacquie

Aug 23, 2016, 7:49:37 PM8/23/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
I have been using shiny successfully(version 11.1) but when I tried to add the package at  https://github.com/aoles/shinyURL, I recieved the error:

 There is a binary version available (and will be installed) but the source version is later:
      binary source
shiny 0.11.1 0.13.2

Content type 'application/zip' length 1635339 bytes (1.6 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 1.6 Mb

I then tried install.packages('shiny',type='source') but this gave me errors:

ERROR: compilation failed for package 'httpuv'
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'htmltools'

However, my RStudio says that I have the latest version of both of those.

Any help on how to fix these things or get version 13.2 of shiny would be much appreciated.

Joe Cheng

Aug 23, 2016, 7:57:14 PM8/23/16
to Jacquie, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Binary versions of the later versions aren't available because you're using a version of R that's older than CRAN has direct support for. If you can, I'd strongly recommend upgrading to the current release version of R--then your life will be much easier whenever you need to install new versions of things.

If you must continue using the 3.0 version of R, then you can use type="source" but you need to install Rtools first: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/