Port number choice

crowm...@outlook.com

May 4, 2016, 11:10:07 AM5/4/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hello,

I am working on a project where my supervisor would like me to be able to specify a port number via the simple "runApp" command.
Is this possible or do I have to download "shinyserver"?

runApp(appDir = getwd(), port = getOption("shiny.port"), launch.browser = getOption("shiny.launch.browser", interactive()), host = getOption("shiny.host", "127.0.0.1"), workerId = "", quiet = FALSE, display.mode = c("auto", "normal", "showcase"))

Instead of having shiny choose a random different port number for me each time I would like to be able to personalise the port number e.g. :

http://127.0.0.1:20161

Joe Cheng

May 4, 2016, 8:10:59 PM5/4/16
to crowm...@outlook.com, Shiny - Web Framework for R
Yes, runApp has a "port" parameter.

nadeem saif

May 5, 2016, 1:29:47 AM5/5/16
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Shiny provides a way to choose the host and port number :

ex:-    1) runApp(host = "http://www.abc.com", port = 5050)
          2) runApp(host = "127.0.0.1", port = 5601)

Not sure about what port numbers we can choose though.

Hope this helped!