Is it possible to make zoom work in mobile browser?

xhd...@umd.edu

Apr 26, 2017, 4:48:46 PM4/26/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Out of curiosity I accessed my app hosted in shinyapps.io from android phone. In landscape mode the app is working well.

However the brush for zoom doesn't work anymore. This is understandable since touch screen probably don't have the same event input, usually mobile device just use pinch zoom. But I'm just wondering if there is any possibility to support this in future, because it's kind of pity that only this is not working in mobile.

Joe Cheng

Apr 26, 2017, 7:44:06 PM4/26/17
to xhd...@umd.edu, Shiny - Web Framework for R
What do you mean by "brush for zoom"? Do you mean the brushing feature for plotOutput doesn't work with touch events?

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 1:48 PM <xhd...@umd.edu> wrote:
Out of curiosity I accessed my app hosted in shinyapps.io from android phone. In landscape mode the app is working well.

However the brush for zoom doesn't work anymore. This is understandable since touch screen probably don't have the same event input, usually mobile device just use pinch zoom. But I'm just wondering if there is any possibility to support this in future, because it's kind of pity that only this is not working in mobile.

xhd...@umd.edu

Apr 26, 2017, 7:52:42 PM4/26/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R, xhd...@umd.edu
The "brush" may not be a good name, just the Shiny code used the name of brush so I was using it.

To zoom in a shiny plot with PC browser, I press and hold mouse left button and drag a box on plot, then double click to zoom in. With cell phone I cannot "hold and drag" anymore because there is no concept of "press and hold mouse left button", press and drag will drag the whole canvas. I can pinch zoom which is not the same thing.