Shiny in Windows

Madhavan Sriram

May 25, 2015, 3:49:47 AM5/25/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I have a shiny application ready that i want to share with some stakeholders across the globe. Now, my problem is that they wouldn't really be able to see my IP Address. Can i host this application in a sharepoint or a webserver (Apache) or something? If you could direct me to how i can do so, that would be amazing.

Thanks,
Madhavan

Dean Attali

May 25, 2015, 9:28:17 PM5/25/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com
That's exactly what shinyapps.io is for

Or you can get your own shiny server set up, but that's more work and more complicated. Use shinapps if all you need is to show someone else you application.

Madhavan Sriram

May 25, 2015, 10:58:27 PM5/25/15
to Dean Attali, shiny-...@googlegroups.com

I need it for some sensitive data. I'm not sure shiny apps is an option there..

Dean Attali

May 25, 2015, 11:45:00 PM5/25/15
to Madhavan Sriram, shiny-...@googlegroups.com
I see. In that case you might want to host the app on your own Shiny Server.  If you have a server you can use, just follow the instructions on their site http://www.rstudio.com/products/shiny/download-server/

If you don't have a server yet, I recently wrote an article about how to get a virtual server for $5/month and use it to host shiny apps

Vivek Patil

May 26, 2015, 12:37:15 AM5/26/15
to Madhavan Sriram, shiny-...@googlegroups.com, Dean Attali

You can install the shiny server then, either the free open source version or the pro version.
http://www.rstudio.com/products/shiny/download-server/

Best,
Vivek Patil

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Shiny - Web Framework for R" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/shiny-discuss/CAOgMZ8wBHc%2B1EqFHdzkRdwbUDai%2B3PT8ccuXT4sQC_%3DnR11wjQ%40mail.gmail.com.

ZJ

May 26, 2015, 3:52:07 AM5/26/15
to shiny-...@googlegroups.com

Madhavan Sriram

May 26, 2015, 4:06:28 AM5/26/15
to ZJ, shiny-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent !! Thank you for the amazing article ZJ. I shall package it and tell everyone how it works.

On 26 May 2015 at 13:22, ZJ <zhuoj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just package it as a shiny app

Warm Regards,