Make response time delayed (textarea)

ShinyMember

Mar 2, 2018, 10:50:29 AM3/2/18
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi,

I am designing a shiny app with multiple interactive inputs including a textArea. I want to make this textArea respond only after a user finished typing multiple keywords (in multiple lines). I do not want to use submit button, so am thinking of making the textArea's response time delayed by 1-2 seconds.

Simply I want to make my textArea act like this:

abc (enter)
cbd (enter)
dsd (enter)
[if there is no input for 2 seconds after the 3rd word, textArea finally sends these three words as a single string vector to the server]

It is possible?  Could you share your idea with me? You may edit the following backbone code.

## Only run examples in interactive R sessions if (interactive()) { ui <- fluidPage( textAreaInput("caption", "Caption", "Data Summary", width = "1000px"), verbatimTextOutput("value") ) server <- function(input, output) { output$value <- renderText({ input$caption }) } shinyApp(ui, server)

}

Thanks!

Kwangmin