RODBC Segfault Error for Teradata on Red Hat Linux 6

Lanwin Lobo

Jan 11, 2017, 7:57:53 AM1/11/17
to Shiny - Web Framework for R
Hi
I am using RODBC to connect to Teradata Database and getting the following Error
 ch.ui <- odbcDriverConnect("Driver=Teradata;DBCName=********;UID=********;PWD=********")
 *** caught segfault ***
address (nil), cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .Call(C_RODBCDriverConnect, as.character(connection), id, as.integer(believeNRows),     as.logical(readOnlyOptimize))
 2: odbcDriverConnect("Driver=Teradata;DBCName=amrndhp3;UID=rwa_pal_dshb;PWD=td#01222")

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:

The same Connection String works perfectly on Windows and I am succesful in running the Queries. I am using TTU 15.10
I explored the following solution which was discussed previously but was not successful in resolving the issue.